This breakfast (or even lunch/dinner because you’re gonna want to eat it for every meal) doesn’t really need a recipe. But some of the components are special updates from what you might traditionally associate with a PB&J, so I thought I’d post it here for you all. Hope you try it, it’s a good one! The jam incorporates Aduna baobab, a delicious superfood powder with a slightly sweet citrusy taste. You can find this by visiting their site. They are one of my favorite superfood companies and their mission is incredible!
- 2 slices of bread (I used 100% whole grain Ezekiel bread)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (blueberries or blackberries would also work)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp Aduna baobab powder
- 1/2 banana for layering (or more)
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter (I use homemade roasted almond butter)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Toast bread in a toaster oven until crispy.
- While bread is toasting, heat the raspberries in a small pan until you can mash them easily with a fork. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chia seeds and baobab powder. Leave to set for a few minutes.
- Spread one slice of bread thickly with almond butter right up to the edges.
- Top this slice with cinnamon and layer on the banana slices.
- On the other slice, spread thickly with berry jam.
- Carefully sandwich the two slices together.
- Heat a pan on low-medium heat with the coconut oil until warm.
- Set your bread down and place a lid over the pan.
- Allow the sandwich to warm through for a minute and then flip it. Check occasionally under the lid to make sure bread isn’t burning.
- Remove from the heat, cut and devour!