I love incorporating different things into my açaí bowls to play around with the flavor, so when I was sent some Açaí Roots organic all-natural açaí powder, I decided to push the limits of what goes into making a traditional açaí bowl. This one is definitely packed with nutrients and turned out super vibrant and purple in color. It was also a little thicker than usual, texture-wise, possibly due to the added veggies!. The two I used were cooked beetroot and zucchini. This bowl wasn’t super sweet, so if you prefer to not taste the beetroot at all, you can feel free to chuck in a couple dates or some plant-based sweetener of choice (or even extra banana). Hope you try it out!
- 1/4 cup liquid (water or almond milk)
- 1 tbsp açaí powder of choice
- 1 or more frozen bananas (depending on how much you want to make)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (or more)
- 1/2 of a chopped small-sized zucchini (including peel)
- 1/2 of a medium-sized cooked and peeled beetroot
- Added sweetener of choice (pitted medjool dates or coconut nectar would work well)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Toppings (for mine I chose pepitas, chia seeds, dried black mission figs, fresh plum, and a chopped up Simple Squares bar)
- In a high-powered blender add ingredients in the order listed. Blend on high until everything is very well incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetness level.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings of choice! I love chia seeds and pepitas for crunch, some fresh fruit, and added nuts or chopped up plant-based bars for healthy fats.